0.9 miles from Lake Ray Hubbard
*******Take another look at our pictures and imagine your family......
*sitting on the patio overlooking a park drinking coffee in the morning
*watching the kids in the pool from the shady patio
*sitting in the hot tub catching up with friends/family
*playing pool, air hockey, and board games in the game room.
$$$ Ask about our Fall special! $$$ Book two weekend nights and get the third one for $400. (Does not apply to holidays.)
?? We are decorated for Fall! ??
LOCATION. The house is 20 minutes east of downtown Dallas. So 20 minutes from the convention center and 40 minutes from Arlington.
POPULAR - All you have to do is read through our reviews to see that PEOPLE LOVE THIS HOUSE! They say it just feels good to be there! Our home is not your typical vacation rental - we are executives who have become empty nesters, downsized and moved to the country. We have night stands and lamps for EVERY sleeping person and phone charging outlets at the night stands and in the living areas. We are detail minded! And because we also stay in vacation rentals - we know what YOU need and you will get it!
FLEXIBLE CHECK IN AND OUT - Although we have defined check in and check out times - we are very flexible (at no charge) on these times as long as the schedule permits.This really gives you more hours for your buck!
SO COMFORTABLE - YOUR comfort and enjoyment is our goal. Due to the size of our typical group, we knew we couldn't just provide a pretty couch and chair for your comfort in the living areas. So we purchased 10 upholstered CHAIRS for the living room that is next to the kitchen and 12 upholstered seats in the game room. Guests love this! Think about this as you look at other rentals. Of course we have high speed WIFI and cable TV. There are three TVs in the house.
ROOMY - This home has 12 different beds in SIX private rooms that will sleep 17 comfortably! We also have air beds if some want to sleep alone. There is PLENTY of room in the 4400 square feet for you to spread out! Shoo the kids to the game room or music room while you cook and chat with everyone without kids under your feet! The game room has pool table, air hockey table, custom poker table, bar, & seating for 16! When the kids are swimming - watch from the covered patio!
CONVENIENT - For mapping purposes you can put Eastern Hills Park into your GPS. We are about 1/4 mile from there. We are about 20 minutes east of downtown Dallas off I-30. This puts the house 20 minutes to the convention center and 40 minutes to Arlington with the Cowboys and Rangers play. There are two shopping areas and hundreds of restaurants within 8 miles. But why leave the house?
SUPPLIES GALORE - We provide coffee - in both a regular pot and a Keurig - plus set ups to our guests - in addition to a kitchen stocked full of every dish and appliance you could need. We provide toilet paper, paper towels, dish washing needs, bath towels, and pool towels. Each bathroom has soap and shampoos as well as hair dryers. You are also encouraged to use condiments in the refrigerator and spices & oils in our cabinets. A washing machine (and detergent) is available if you want to wash clothes. Our pool has a variety of floats for you to use. And the game room has numerous games and puzzles! Our guests tell us that this is the BEST stocked rental they have EVER stayed in! All you need to bring is food!
CHILDREN - We love kids! There is a pack & play, h igh chair, and kid tents for them to play in. There are numerous cards and board games provided along with crayons, etc. The study bedroom has many children's books that you can read to your grandchildren!
PETS - This is a pet friendly property, but we need to know if you are bringing a pet. (Limit of two.) If you are highly allergic to pets, know that our house is cleaned weekly - so it's very clean and rarely do people bring pets - but if you've got anyone highly allergic to animals I wanted you to know.
VISITORS - Got local friends - invite them over for dinner! But we don't allow more than 22. And you need to let us know.
NO PARTIES - The house is for the specific use as a family and/or friends gathering or business retreat. It is **NOT** a place to host a party for anyone beyond those staying in the house with you. All people should be OVER THE AGE OF 29 unless they are part of the family.
PARKING - The maximum number of cars at the house is six. If your group has more than that please let me know before you book so we can make a plan. Two of the cars may be placed in the garage and the others should be in the back driveways - where there is room for 3-5. Local guest who drop in are welcome to use the front circle driveway.
The pool is available April through September. There is no heater, but there is a large spa on the patio! Pool hours are 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Patio and spa hours are 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight. We ask that no one be on the patio during the night unless they need to do a quick smoke. Check in is 4:00 p.m. and check out is 11:00 a.m. (These times can be flexible!!) This is in a neighborhood much like yours and we must respect our neighbors by being very quiet after 11:00 p.m.
Please purchase trip insurance in case your plans change - it is calculated at 4.5% of the rental price. If you cancel within 60 days of your reservation dates - there will be no refund because we have blocked off your dates from others. If we re-book your dates we will refund your money - but there are no guarantees that we can re-book your dates.
Hang out areas:
1. Living room next to kitchen with seating for 10 with 50" SMART TV overlooking patio/pool/park.
2. Game room with pool table, air hockey table, custom poker table, bar, and 50" SMART TV area overlooking the park. Media area seats 7 - with additional chairs and bar stools in the room. The TV can be seen from the entire room for watching the big game!
3. Patio (overlooking a park) with seating for 18.
4. Music room - instruments for your use, piano, and TV. This is the area to play video games - just don't forget to bring them from home! The room is away from the other living areas - so the kids can be as loud as they want without bothering you. (This is true for the game room as well.)
Three Inside Dining Areas
1. Kitchen table accommodates 8 with three bar stools to watch the cooks!
2. Formal dining table accommodates 12 - with a baby grand piano!
3. Game room with two tables for 4.
• Sparkling pool, spa & propane fire pit.
• Huge patio with living area, dining areas and large WEBER GRILL.
• Two tables with chairs for 12.
Six private sleeping areas
1. Bedroom 1 - King - with a daybed with trundle (2 twins), and two occasional chairs.
2. Bedroom 2 - Queen - with settee.
3. Bedroom 3 - Queen - with sleeper chair.
4. Bedroom 4 - King + futon with TV.
5. Bedroom 5 - Two twins.
6. Game room with doors - two twin size La-Z-Boy sleeper chairs
Three Full and Two ½ Bathrooms
1. Bathroom 1 - in master suite with king - soaking tub with separate shower and two sinks
2. Bathroom 2 - a Jack and Jill between queen rooms
3. Bathroom 3 - in hallway by 'twin beds' room & king music bedroom
4. Bathroom 4 - half bath in game room
5. Bathroom 5 - half bath in music bedroom
Extras Sleeping Options
• Three twin airbeds are available. There is room in the dining room, living room, great room, and most bedrooms for these.
• Pool Table
• Air Hockey Table
• Poker Table with cushioned club chairs
• Table with games and puzzles
• 50" SMART TV
• Fully equipped with one microwave, one oven, one combo microwave/convection oven, one roaster oven, and two crock pots
• Electric cook-top
• Coffee Bar - fully stocked with a coffee pot, and a Keurig
• Free Coffee and creamers for our guests
• Towels, soaps, and spices can be used by guests
• Ample plates for dining
• One set (bath, hand, and wash cloth) of towels per person
Bath soaps, shampoos, hair dryers etc. are provided in all baths.
• Pool towels are on patio
Music - Music is a big part of this family - you can tell by the two pianos and a music room equipped with a piano, a keyboard, guitars, and amplifiers. The house has a central stereo in the game room and pipes music to many rooms in the house and the patio with individual volume controls in each room.
WIFI - The home has free internet and three big screen TVs with cable. TVs are in the den, game room, and the music bedroom.
Park - Out the back gate you are on a park with a half mile walking trail. There is a playground and a basketball court in the park. In the spring the field is full of Texas Blue Bonnets!
There are many public courses within 15 minutes of the house.
15 Minutes from Firewheel Golf Park – 63 Hole Public Course
“The Bridges Course, Est. 2001 has three different and unique nines: The Masters, The Champions and The Traditions - all three boast bent grass greens. The sculpted fairways are lined with oak and pecan trees.
The Lakes Course is the toughest 18 of all. Stretching 7,134 yards from the back tees, it is a tight, difficult test with carries over ten lakes and plenty of big-face bunkers.
The Old Course topography consists of slow moving streams winding throughout gently rolling terrain. Tree lined fairways, 65 strategically placed bunkers and heavily wooded areas makes this par 71 a challenge for all golfers.”
15 minutes to Buffalo Creek Golf Club – 18 Hole Public Course
“Designed around its natural terrain, Buffalo Creek has a contemporary classic design which belies an austere test. Annually ranked four stars by Golf Digest, the Tom Weiskopf/Jay Morrish design was developed by Charles Perry, who, from 1976 to 1985, was president and CEO of Jack Nicklaus' Golden Bear International. Ranked consistently in the top five courses in the Dallas area and top 10 in Texas.